- The trailer opens with the Lionsgate logo which is synonymous with action movies and will appeal to people watching the trailer, who are fans of Lionsgate's other action films.
- My film is also the second instalment in the series, and as such many fans are already attracted to the film and this is helped with the expendable's logo's we see.
- My film features lots of action shots and is appealing to the target audience because of that, it gives them a sense of everything that is to happen in the film.
- Another appealing factor of my trailer is that it features many famous actors, so it may entice fans of those actors to watch the film, and their names are put up at the end of the trailer helping the audience find out who is in the film.
Branding and Studio Identity
- At the start of the trailer the Lionsgate and Millennium logo's appear and help the audience identify with other films made by them, and give them an understanding of what the film is about.
- The film is also branded at the end by using the actors names to attract people because the film features some very famous actors.
- There is also a link to the films facebook page at the end, which will help the audience learn about the branding of the film and what it's about in even more depth.
Character and Representation
- All the main characters in this trailer are presented as ex-soldiers who have now turned into mercenaries, which gives the audience a hardcore feel about the characters and helps set the scene for the characters to develop.
- The protagonist, Barney, is seen to be doing an ex-employer a favour and gives a bit of detail about his life, as well as when he says, "it's my lucky ring," we feel as though we know him better.
- Finally we also see that they all mess around and joke with eachother which gives off the appeal of a film all about camaraderie and sticking together while including comedy and action scenes as well.
- There are many action shots in my trailer, such as the very first shot which shows the characters zip-lining over a forest, and immediately gives the audience a sense of the action genre.
- The genre is also signified by the soundtrack which builds tension for the audience and lets them know that the characters are in trouble, which signifies the action genre.