Wednesday 10 January 2018

2. Existing adverts/campaigns I have researched and how these have influenced my ideas.

I have spent a lot of time researching the Gold Blend ad by Nescafe that was made in 1980. This series of adverts have a continuous story line running through out all of the adverts. This influenced my ideas and as such my two advert's will be one story that was split into two, however unlike the Nescafe adverts there will be a much shorter time gap that has passed between the advert's.

These two screenshots are from two different ads but as you can see the story line continues over as I plan to do in mine.

Another advert that has influenced me is the Lynx 'Black: Bring the Quiet'  advert which is very focused on the man, who is representing the target audience and portrays to the audience that if you use the deodorant, you can be relaxed and cool like him too.


The advert is all about you and that is a very clear theme throughout, as it is part of the deodorant's brand identity and the connotations it gives to its audience are very straight forward and that is why I've decided to portray my character's as 'cool guys' and have them be inspirational to the audience through the things they do, as it is a convention of deodorant brands to have the people using the product to be 'cool guys.'

The third advert I looked at was the Coco Mademoiselle Chanel advert that features Keira Knightley. I used this advert for inspiration because it was a very famous advert and it has two conventions in it that represent the perfume industry quite well.
The advert is very focused on sexual appeal, which attracts in a lot of viewers and convinces people to buy the perfume as maybe they can be like that, but the advert is also focused on the actual physical perfume bottle, as it is the first thing she sees in the morning and is very dominant throughout the advert.

I plan to include some shots of my actor's using the deodorant in my own adverts, while still following the ASA's rules and regulations. I also plan to include a very dominant deodorant bottle in mine which will feature in the title card at the end of both adverts. Another thing I like about the Chanel advert is the variation in shot types as I plan to copy some of the styling of the shots they have used, which gives me a good basis of media language to use and understand.

Below you can see the mood board I have created and the shots that I have included from these adverts, and you will hopefully be able to gain a better understanding of my ideas and why these adverts influenced me.

No comments:

Post a Comment