Tuesday 9 January 2018

1. How I intend to fulfil the requirements of the brief I have chosen.

I intend to fulfil the requirements of the Television brief I have chosen by creating two 30 second television adverts for my new unisex deodorant, called Wave by UK deodorants. I will design and create these adverts so that they are suitable to be shown on E4, between 7pm-9pm on weekdays and they will target both the male and female 16-25 demographic who are my target audience.

My adverts will be defined by its active, youthful and unisex branding, which will be connoted through my editing of the footage I take and sound FX, to fit the brand identity and conventions, as well as a range of camera shots to also accentuate these conventions. Both my adverts will feature a strong consistent brand identity and have the same slogan appearing in both, Don't Crash Out, Ride The Wave, which will be said in the voice-over of my adverts, as well as appearing on screen as text in the final shot. These will appear as my title card and will therefore also feature a pack shot of the deodorant, in each advert.

My adverts will include such techniques as intertextuality as the adverts will change from black and white into colour as an homage to The Wizard of Oz, generic hybridity will also be connoted through the change from the action genre of the actor's running to the romantic genre of them going on a date together, humour and emotional appeal  from the way the characters are portrayed and played, to engage the target audience and make my adverts memorable, compelling them to buy my deodorant.

As my advert will be on TV I must adhere to the rules of the Advertising Standards Authority, ASA, and make sure my advert is suitable to be played on TV, especially as it will be airing pre-watershed. I will also be sure to use only original footage shot by me and copyright free music so as to not break any of the ASA's guidelines.

Across my two adverts, I will have a range of different settings, and at least 3 which are significantly different from the other settings I film in. In my adverts I plan to have two characters, one male and one female and that they will both be from different ethnic backgrounds, to increase my adverts appeal to the audience that will see them, especially my target audience of 16-25 year olds, both males and females, and interest them into buying my product.

I have already made a timeline for my two adverts, as seen below, and I am planning to stick to it and make very little changes as I move forward to keep it simple and easy to understand, as I believe it will already feature media language, from the range of camera shots I use, my advert also targets a specific audience group and will represent that group well through the actors in my advert's, I am also following the rules of the ASA and the industry with my ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment